Come Work for Us!
Are you a student? Marin Magazine is hiring summer interns. Apply now.
At Marin Magazine, we love enthusiastic, dedicated, ready-to-tackle-anything interns – and we’d like a few to work at our offices in Sausalito. Our magazine has been around since 2005, and we’re a creative team that offers a fun, flexible work environment and a place to learn magazine print and online publishing from the inside out.
While our internships are non-paid, we offer college credit, so all of our interns must be currently enrolled in a college or university.
- Update all existing content on Marin Magazine’s website with the intent of optimizing it for search engines. This will include adding tags, hyperlinks and searchable terms to existing articles as well as new content.
- Assist in-house digital associate with migration to a new platform (Wordpress) and prepare content for the migration process.
- Research content from other sites to find optimal SEO keywords and strategies.
- Analyzing updated content for SEO performance and tweaking accordingly.
- As directed, contact external parties for photos, etc. needed for content.
- Assist in Social Media management and engagement.
Skills Needed and/or Desired:
- Basic understanding of search engine optimization
- Familiarization with web tools such as Robly and Wordpress
- Familiarization with analytics tools (Google Analytics, Wordpress)
- Prefer basic Photoshop skills
- Go-getter attitude
- Problem solver
- Avid reader of news and online magazine websites
- College-level student currently studying marketing and/or journalism.
Hours per week are TBD and will depend on the school’s credit requirement for internship programs.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com