Maple Brined Turkey
Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
- 1 16 to 18 lb Turkey removed from brine.
- 2 Sticks Unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 Cup of good quality olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Picked Thyme Leaves
- 2 Tablespoons Chives, Chopped
- ¼ Cup Italian Parsely, Chopped
- ¼ Cup Shallot, Finely Chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ Cup Kosher Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Pepper
- 2 Carrots, Peeled and Chopped in 2 in. pieces
- 4 Celery Stocks, Chopped in 2 in. pieces
- 1 Apple, Quartered
- 1 Yellow Onion, Quartered
- 1 Cup of homemade aioli or Mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper
In a food processor process butter, olive oil, thyme, parsley, shallot, garlic, salt and pepper, until smooth.
Using your hand, gently get under the skin of the turkey and rub the turkey with the mixture. Be generous.
Fill the cavity of the bird with the carrot, celery, apple and yellow onion
Rub the outside of the bird with the aioli or mayonnaise. Season generously with salt and pepper.
In a Roasting Pan fitted with a Rack, Cook the turkey for 3 hours Breast side up. Very carefully flip the bird and continue to cook for 1 hour or until the dark meat reaches 145 degrees.
Note: All turkeys and ovens are very different. If your skin is getting too dark too soon, lower the temperature of the oven by 25 degrees or cover with foil. Remove the foil for the last 20 minutes to re crisp the skin. The aioli is like a skin shield for the turkey. It is a good way to ensure crispy skin without burning it.
Allow the Turkey to rest for at least 45 minutes before serving.