A festival 25 years in the making, Sonoma International Film Festival celebrates this milestone with a slate of more than 120 independent, international films screening — including 79 premieres — during the 25th Anniversary Sonoma International Film Festival (SIFF) March 23-27. The fun-filled, completely walkable festival in the heart of Sonoma Valley Wine Country, will also play host to two one-of-a-kind culinary events, special parties, panels, a Virtual Reality experience, live music and free public events including the ever-popular Sonoma Valley High School Media Arts Showcase, the UFO Program, Chaplin Silent Film, and a Free Family Screening Event.
“This landmark festival is designed to showcase the best in new films from around the world, international film talent, unbelievable culinary events, local favorite free public events, and a whole lot of fun for festivalgoers in between,” said Kevin W. McNeely, SIFF Artistic Director.
Here’s your guide to what to see at the festival:
Opening Night Film | Wednesday, March 23
Sebastiani Theatre | 5 p.m., Veteran’s Hall #1 | 5:45 p.m.
Opening Night Party | 7 p.m. | Backlot Tent
Kick off our 25th with this Paramount Pictures’ action adventure comedy starring Sandra Bullock, Channing Tatum, Daniel Radcliffe and Brad Pitt. The film debuts two days before releasing to the general public. Two venues will screen the film, at staggered times, with our bombastic Opening Night Party starting at 7 PM in our SIFF Backlot Tent Festival Hub.
Closing Night Film | Sunday, March 27
The Butcher’s Daughter (Tendre et Saignant)
Veteran’s Hall #1 | 7:30 p.m., Sebastiani Theatre | 8 p.m.
Wrap our epic 25th with this romantic comedy from France’s Les Films du Cap starring Arnaud Ducret and Géraldine Pailhas. Two venues will screen the film at staggered times. The film is sponsored by Bar None’s Canyon Ranch.
Special Events During the Festival @ the SIFF Backlot Tent Festival Hub (unless noted)
- Opening Night Party | Wednesday, March 23 | 7 p.m.
- Joanne Weir Cookbook Signing | Thursday, March 24 | Noon (at MacArthur Place Hotel | Special RSVP Required)
- SIFF | Devour! Chefs & Shorts Dinner | Thursday, March 24 | 6 p.m. (included with the Silver Patron pass; special ticket required)
- Joanne Weir Plates & Places Lunch | Friday, March 25 | 11 AM (included with the Silver Patron pass; special ticket required)
- Film Industry Mixer | Friday, March 25 | 4 p.m.
- Friday Night Party | Friday, March 25 | 7 p.m.
- Film Industry Panel | Saturday, March 26 | 10:30 a.m.
- Saturday Night Party & Awards | Saturday, March 26 | 7 p.m.
The best way to SIFF is to buy a pass. From all-inclusive to exclusively for cinephiles, we have three pass options from which to choose.
SILVER PATRON | $2,500 / $5,000 (2)
First Entry All Venues | Reserved Seats All Venues | Sonoma Raceway XXV VIP Lounge at the Backlot Tent | Backlot Tent Reserved Parking | Backlot Tent Evening Parties | First Look Invitation | Industry Mixer | Chefs & Shorts Dinner | Plates & Places Lunch | Year Round Live & Virtual Films | Commemorative Limited Edition Robert Kamen Plate Set
SILVER SOIREE | $1,250 / $2,200 (2)
Priority Entry All Venues | Sonoma Raceway XXV VIP Lounge at the Backlot Tent | Backlot Tent Evening Parties | First Look Invitation | Industry Mixer | Year Round Virtual Films | Discounts on Chefs & Shorts Dinner and Plates & Places Lunch
SILVER CINEMA | $325 / $625 (2)
All Venue In Theater Films | Backlot Tent Daytime Access | Opening Night Party | Virtual Film Festival Access
Buy your passes today at https://2022siff.eventive.org/passes/buy.
Culinary Special Events Tickets
Included with the Silver Patron pass, these two showcase, limited capacity culinary events are on sale now:
- SIFF | Devour! Chefs & Shorts Dinner Honoring Chef Jacques Pépin on Thursday, March 24
- Joanne Weir’s Plates & Places Lunch on Friday, March 25