A family favorite for 36 years, the parade of lights and winter wonderland will be featuring a holiday marketplace with arts and crafts, live entertainment, children’s activities, snow sledding, a tree lighting ceremony, and of course the parade. Forty tons of snow will be brought in for sledding, though kids will also be able to enjoy inflatable jump houses, mini carnival rides and face-painting booths. After the parade, Santa, Mrs. Claus and other costumed characters will arrive with the Mayor of San Rafael at the center of town in the City Plaza for the official tree lighting ceremony, and kids will have a chance to meet Santa afterwards. KOFY TV is acting as a major media sponsor so you may get caught on video and many neighborhood stores are also participating in the festivities.
Here is a detailed schedule of events:
Friday, November 27th 2015
- Snow Sledding: A Street between Fourth Street and Fifth Ave.; noon to 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (kids only)
- Holiday Marketplace, Fourth Street between B Street and Lootens Place; Noon to 8:00 p.m.
- Parade of Lights, Fourth Street from E Street to the City Plaza; 5:30 p.m. (everyone is welcome to join the parade. Parade participants meet in the staging area at E Street and Fourth Street at 5 p.m.)
- Tree Lighting: City Plaza following the Parade of Lights
Saturday, November 28th, 2015
- Snow & Kids Activities 9:00 a.m. to noon (or until snow is no longer safe)
If You Go:
When: Friday, November 27th from noon to 8 p.m. and Saturday, November 28th from 9 a.m. to noon
Where: San Rafael’s 4th Street