Rain or shine, the legendary lighted boat parade will cruise the Sausalito waterfront this Saturday, December 13. The decorated and well-lit flotilla mobilizes along the scenic shoreline just off the Spinnaker and Gabrielson Park in downtown Sausalito at about 5:30 p.m.
If you haven’t booked a table at one of the city’s waterfront restaurants already, don’t have reservations at the yacht club and don’t want to brave the elements in the park or along the boardwalk, head to the (heated!) Winterfest tent where there will be a no-host bar, gourmet food truck fare, live music and dancing. The nautical parade is followed by a spectacular firework display and a lot more festivity in the Winterfest tent where the winners of the decorated boat contest will be announced.
Just in case you didn’t already have enough to do this holiday season, in addition to the boat parade, the Sausalito On the Waterfront Foundation is hosting a bevy of other holiday events this weekend in conjunction with the 3rd Annual Winterfest in Sausalito. Here’s the line-up:
- The Naughty & Nice Ball, Friday, December 12, downtown under the big tent, featuring foods from 15 of your favorite restaurants, wine tasting with 15 wineries and dancing to the perennial favorite Wonderbread Five – a great local band
- Children’s Holiday Party Saturday, December 13, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. in the big tent with hands-on arts and crafts, cookie and ornament decorating, live entertainment
- Holiday Art & Craft Fair also in the Winterfest tent –– Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- 5K, 8K and Kids Benefit Run along the Sausalito waterfront Sunday morning, December 14, 8 a.m., followed by a Pancake Breakfast; proceeds from the run benefit Dipsea Kidz
- Graze Local: a 5-course sit down dinner Sunday, December 14 in the big tent
For a full Winterfest schedule, more information about all the events and tickets visit Sausalito on the Waterfront. Proceeds from Sausalito’s Winterfest events benefit Sausalito’s On The Waterfront Foundation.