Following are a few of my Favorite (Holiday) Things. Right up there with “raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens…”
- ICB Open Studios — this weekend, December 4–5 at the Industrial Center Building (ICB) on Gate Five Road (down from Mollie Stones) 11 a.m.–6 p.m. Over 80 artists under one roof open their studios, welcoming visitors with wine and holiday treats. A gift of art is one that keeps on giving. icb-artists.com
- Caledonia Street Holiday Shopping Night — Thursday, December 8 — 5–9 p.m. Merchants on the best little local street in Marin stay open late and welcome shoppers with warm hospitality, holiday treats and special discounts.
- Christmas Caroling — Saturday, December 3 — Starting at Gabrielson Park. 4–6 p.m. sausalito.org
- Rising International Global Holiday Marketplace — Saturday, December 10 — Sausalito Woman’s Club, 120 Central Avenue. 10 a.m.–5 p.m. Women helping women worldwide. Fair trade, handcrafted gifts made by and benefiting women at risk from around the world. sausalitowomansclub.org
- Winterfest & Sausalito Lighted Boat Parade — December 9–11 — the annual Naughty or Nice ball, children’s holiday crafts and entertainment, the legendary boat parade and post party, and the Jingle Bell run and pancake brunch. All under the Big Tent on the waterfront in downtown Sausalito. winterfestsausalito.org
- Santa’s Seaplane Arrival — Thursday, December 22 — Seaplane Adventures, 242 Redwood Highway, 3 p.m. Performing Stars of Marin, Sausalito Fire & Police Departments as well as the Marin County Sherriff's Department welcome Mr & Mrs Claus to Sausalito on their direct flight from the North Pole.