The team at Marin Magazine couldn’t be happier that the state of California reopened in June, and we’ve been celebrating all summer long. We’ve been exploring our beautiful state and county and enjoyed reconnecting with family and friends in person. Here’s a taste of what we’ve been up to.
Above, clockwise from top:
- Jessica and her friends Cathy and Preeti went wine tasting at Daou in Paso Robles.
- Lesley hit The Rooftop at Harmon Guest House in Healdsburg for cocktails with gal pals Cindi and Linda.
- Susan welcomed family and friends to her daughter Skatie’s baby shower at her home in Malibu. (Her grandson Blews Bauerle Noyes was born on Jun 25.
- Lotus and her family explored Mendocino County, including a visit to Glass Beach in Fort Bragg.
Below, clockwise from top:
- Patrick and his family drove from Marin County to Disneyland, checking out Big Sur along the way.
- Mimi and her daughter Grace celebrated Grace’s graduation from U.C. Santa Barbara with a getaway to Sonoma.
- Richard Wright, our new contributing writer, enjoyed Lake Tahoe with wife Stephanie (here’s his first article with us)
Now that our summer vacations are winding down, it’s time to refocus our attention on work and school. This fall, we have so much to be grateful for, as our children return to in-person learning at schools across the county. From Marin’s public school system to our many private schools, our county offers standout education, which we celebrate in this, our annual education issue. You can read about a few of the county’s hardworking educators who made a tremendous impact during the pandemic, see heart-warming messages from local first graders to incoming kindergarteners, and discover many notable private schools in our annual Private School Guide. You’ll find even more education-related content on our website, including a comprehensive directory to the area’s private schools that’s updated every year. And remember to sign up for our Better Letter to stay up to date on all of the latest happenings in our community.
As you send your kids off to their first day of school, please tag @marinmagazine; we’d love to share a few of your shots in our next issue!