- This event has passed.
Community Health Webinar: Pediatric COVID Vaccination
April 25 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Vaccines are our best hope to end the COVID pandemic. COVID vaccine is available for children age 5 and up, and boosters are now authorized for those 12 years and older. Vaccines for children age 6 months and up may be authorized next. Marin County is among the most highly-vaccinated areas in the nation. But many questions and concerns remain when it comes to vaccinating our children.
In this presentation, our specialists will discuss:
– Why children and teens should get vaccinated
– Upcoming COVID vaccinations for 2-4 year olds
– How parents and caregivers can determine if toddlers are having side effects
– Helpful tips to support children 6 months-4 years during their vaccine
– Booster recommendation for children under 18
– Where and when to get vaccinated
– Vaccine requirements in schools
– The changing rules of masking in schools and socially
– Variants and levels of contagion
– Emergency Room and clinical treatment
– Immunocompromised children
– Confronting denial and separating fact from fiction
We’ll also have time for Q&A at the end of the presentation.
Please submit questions in advance to Jennifer.Rienks@marinhealthcare.org.
– Lisa Santora, MD Deputy Health Officer, Marin Department of Human Services
– Shandra Taylor, MS, CCLS Child Life Specialist
– Catherine Taylor, ARDMS President, “Ouchless ER” Project
– Zoom Link: https://mymarinhealth.zoom.us/j/99719854261
– Meeting ID: 997 1985 4261
– Virtual room will open 15 minutes before the event. Be sure to mark your calendar!