Joe Bob Briggs “How Rednecks Saved Hollywood” LIVE
April 29 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm$40
Spend a fast-and-furious two hours with America’s drive-in movie critic as he uses over 200 clips and stills to review the history of rednecks in America as told through the classics of both grindhouse and mainstream movies.
. You will learn:
· The identity of the first redneck in history.
· The precise date the first redneck arrived in America.
· The most sacred redneck cinematic moments.
· How Thunder Road, the Whiskey Rebellion, the tight cutoffs worn by Claudia Jennings in Gator Bait, illegal Coors beer, and the Cannonball Baker Sea-to-Shining-Sea Memorial Trophy Dash combined to inspire the greatest movie in the history of the world.
· Why the redneck is the scariest monster in all of film history, with visual evidence.
· The existential difference between Forrest Gump and Sling Blade.
· The reason God loves rednecks.
. . . and dozens of other historical facts that you didn’t realize you needed until Joe Bob deposited them in the rear lobe of your brain.
Meet & Greets (autographs & photos not included/separate) to take place before and after the show!
Saturday, April 29th, 2023
Historic Colonial Theatre
Sacramento, CA 95820