- This event has passed.
SPOT LIGHT SAUSALITO: ITS ARTISTIC PAST AND PRESENT
March 2 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
A CELEBRATION OF SAUSALITO’S ARTISTIC LEGACY, ITS PRESENT DAY ART SCENE AND CREATIVE VISION FOR THE FUTURE.
Following the end of WW II, Sausalito attracted artists, writers, musicians and other expressive souls that began its reputation as an art colony and creative enclave, a reputation that continues today.
The Sausalito Center For The Arts celebrates Sausalito’s rich artistic history through a multi-exhibit exhibition including artwork from the original Sausalito Art Colony and the artists leading today’s creative expression.
On view from February 16 – March 16, don’t miss this unique opportunity to experience the past, present and future of art in Sausalito.
Original Artist Colony Exhibit
– Artwork from The Sausalito Six and others including Jean Varda, Walter Kuhlman, Enid Foster and many more.
Showcase Sausalito Exhibit
– Artwork for exhibit and purchase from current, leading Sausalito and Marin City artists.
Art Tech Exhibit
– Hands on displays of virtual and augmented reality art. Virtual art gallery, NFT’s, Web 3.0, and more.
The Record Plant Exhibit
– Historic exhibit and soundtrack from the famed recording studio where the Grateful Dead, Jerry Garcia, the Tubes, Peter Frampton, Bob Marley and the Wailers, and many others created legendary works of art.
– Allen Hayes, Life and Times of Enid Foster
– Suzie Buchholz, The Work of Chester Arnold
– Lisa Kolb and John MacLeod, Today’s Digital Art; Web 3.0, Blockchain and Virtual Reality
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
– Join us as we officially cut the ribbon and open the doors to the Sausalito Center For The Arts.
– Food and drink generously provide by Cultivar restaurant and Cultivar Wine.
– February 16, 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
-February 16 – March 19
– Wednesday – Sunday
– 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
– No tickets needed for Exhibition.