This season designers are making bold statements with kaleidoscopic colors that usher out drab winter days. “Spring is the time of year to have fun with color, so go for that neon yellow, fuchsia and electric-blue handbag,” says Chinese Laundry designer Kerry Haymes.
1. Melrose Noel Yoko in orange cotton linen blend with silver embossed cowhide handle by Kate Spade. $425 at Kate Spade (SF). 415.216.0880, katespade.com
2. Shiny canvas pack bag in the color dahlia by Stella McCartney. $1,195 at Neiman Marcus (SF). 415.362.3900, neimanmarcus.com
3. Coral ice knit gown with crystal and mezzo detail by St. John. $1,995 at St. John Boutiques, 415.856.0420, sjk.com
4. Francine bag by Coach. $798 at Coach (Corte Madera). 415.924.5046, coach.com
5. Framed coin case “Le Plissé Dior,” in purple leather by Christian Dior. Price available upon request at Christian Dior (SF). 415.544.0394, dior.com
Purples, Pinks and Everything in Between
If you aren’t ready to jump into a season of fuchsia textiles, try taking a different approach to spring’s electric-hued trends with deep purples, blush pinks and soft oranges.
1. Molokai necklace by Moonrise Jewelry. $108 at Tela D (Fairfax). 415.455.9410
2. Star necklace in multicolor by Yves Saint Laurent. $4,180 at Yves Saint Laurent (SF). 415.837.1211, ysl.com
3. Candi dress by Sworn Virgins. $140 at Embodies (Fairfax). 415.461.6462, embodies.com
4. Amethyst bracelet by Thalia. $895 at Blanc (San Anselmo). 415.485.0104
5. Ilsa sunglasses by Oliver Peoples. $340 at 20/20 Optical (San Rafael). 415.453.2020, 2020opticalinc.com