Shrinking violets may have a problem with this season’s ode to color showing up on the wrists of women everywhere. Watches don’t have to be formal anymore; they can be eye-popping accessories in sun burst hues unleashed for day or night.
1. Cellini Cellissima watch by Rolex. $10,250 at Julianna’s Fine Jewelry (Corte Madera). 415.924.9711, juliannasfinejewelry.com
2. Ladies Thoroughbred watch by David Yurman. $3,700 at Saks Fifth Avenue (SF). 415.986.4300, saks.com
3. Retrograde Bring Back unisex watch by Swatch. $210 at Swatch (SF). 415.296.7883, swatch.com
4. Agathon Medium Lady in three new colors by Faberge. Price upon request at Amir Mozaffarian (SF). 415.391.9995, mozzafarian.com
Whether it’s a thin, understated black strap for a formal affair, a bulky chronograph for the weekend, or a sleek steel piece for the office, the watch has been said to be the most important accessory in a man’s wardrobe.
1. Swiss Gents watch by Skagen Designs. $175 at Time After Time (Sausalito). 415.332.8821
2. Master Compressor Diving GMT designed to withstand extreme conditions by Jaeger-LeCoultre. Starting at $8,200 at Shreve & Co. (SF). 415.421.2600, shreve.com
3. Seamaster NZL-32 Chrono watch by Omega. $4,600 at Rafael Jewelers (San Rafael). 415.453.3580, rafaeljewelers.com
4. Tiffany Mark 18k gold automatic Tri-Retrograde perpetual calendar on black alligator strap by Tiffany & Co. Price upon request at Tiffany & Co. (SF). 415.781.7000, tiffany.com