It’s that time of year again, when philanthropic benefits, dinner parties and holiday festivities make the evening cocktail dress de rigueur. Whether adorned with sequins, lace or satin, it heralds in this time of year.
1. The Innocent Colleen dress by Velvet and Graham & Spencer, $253 at Kismet (San Anselmo). 415.454.2629
2. The Free Spirit Nightingale dress by Diane von Furstenberg, $850 at Pearl (Larkspur). 415.464.1808, pearlwonderfulclothing.com
3. The Sophisticate Loop Collar Little Black Dress by gr.dano, $380 at Betty Ann (Novato). 415.892.2255
4. The Femme Fatale Long-sleeve cocktail dress by Burberry, $3,050 at Burberry (SF). 415.392.2200, burberry.com
5. The Knockout Sequined dress by Yoana Baraschi, $420 at Neiman Marcus (SF). 415.362.3900, neimanmarcus.com
The Chic Clutch Companion
This season, bid adieu to the bulky bag. What better to pair with a cocktail dress than the timeless clutch? It offers just enough room for the essentials, which in itself is part of the allure. It’s not just a purse but a partner for that special evening.
1. The Holiday Honeycomb clutch by Mary Frances, $160 at Duarteau boutique (San Rafael). 415.258.0313, duarteau.com
2. The Opera D’Abo Metallic Ayers Snakeskin clutch by Kotur, $388 at Number 5 (Ross). 415.925.9555
3. The Benefit Monogram Limelight Lamé Clutch by Louis Vuitton, $1,275 at Louis Vuitton (SF). 415.391.6200, louisvuitton.com
4. Girls’ Night Out Dark gold leather with light gold hardware evening bag by Gucci,
$795 at Gucci (SF). 415.392.2808, gucci.com
5. A Party Panthère Art Deco purse by Cartier, $1,220 at Cartier (SF). 415.397.3180, cartier.com
6. Six-Course Dinner Limited–edition antique coin pochette by Bulgari, $16,600 at Bulgari (SF). 415.399.9141, bulgari.com