After endless Monday through Fridays slaving away at the office you deserve to spend the weekend playing hard (in style) and making up for all that time staring at the computer.
1. Runners Take Your Mark The Iggy canvas trainer shoe sports chic British style (and colors of the Royal Air Force) with functional flair. $70 at Ben Sherman (SF). 415.593.0671, benshermanusa.com
2. Fashionable Philanthropy Support local charities like the J. David Gladstone Institutes and Forbes Norris MDA/ALS Research Center by purchasing a charity bracelet from the Cartier Love collection. Adorned with an engraved SF on the inside; $100 from the purchase of each bracelet will be donated to selected nonprofits. $475 at Cartier (SF). 415.397.3180, cartier.com
3. Remote Communications Just because you’re hiking doesn’t mean you have to miss the latest from YouTube. This wristwatch plays audio and video and the built-in microphone allows for recording notes—like where you parked your car. $100 at Think Geek. 703.293.6299, thinkgeek.com
4. Can’t Be Late Start the fishing trip on time with the Tommy Bahama Beach Comber watch, featuring a custom black resin crown, 330 feet of water resistance and Marlin logo. $125 at Odyssey (Sausalito). 415.331.8677, tommybahama.com
5. Quick Trip Muddy shoes are no problem with the Mulholland Brothers deerskin duffle bag, which features a separate shoe compartment and Italian-crafted water-resistant lining. $1,695 at Gene Hiller (Sausalito). 415.332.3636, genehiller.com
Over the Top Additions to the Fall Wardrobe
The daily grind shouldn’t only include perfectly pressed suits or the ubiquitous jeans-and-tee combo. Try adding flair to the usual attire with these latest accessories that are high on style.
1. Toasty Indulgence Sure, the shearling version at Orvis retails for $100, but if it’s in the budget, why not opt for this waterproof cashmere and marmot fur Alaskan hat. It’s the ultimate luxury in head-warming gear. $2,900 at Loro Piana (SF). 415.593.3303, loropiana.com
2. Texture Trumps All Dress up or dress down with Coach’s Austin Desert Boot—the suede finish allows for ultimate versatility. $258 at Coach (Corte Madera). 415.924.5046,
3. Sky-High Style Although this dazzling watch, which features a bounty of rubies and diamonds, retails for the same price as some second homes, it’s still OK to dream. $645,000 at select Chanel Fine Jewelry boutiques. 800.550.0005, chanel.com
4. Lost? Impress your buddies with this lightweight sterling-silver navigational compass. $250 at Tiffany and Co. (SF). 415.781.7000,
5. On a Whim The Air Infinity Oxford from Cole Haan features Nike Air technology in the heel and front footbed for ultimate comfort on an impromptu hike. $165 at Patrick James (Mill Valley). 415.383.2174, patrickjames.com