November ushers in holiday festivities, charity galas and dinner parties with friends. The jovial atmosphere makes evening dress de rigueur. If your event doesn’t call for sequins and ruffles try a patent tote to add shine to a simple look, or if your style is already over-the-top, opt for a subtle navy blue clutch to keep all eyes on you. Take a peek at these top choices from designer’s fall and winter collections and be inspired.
1. Clutch by Kim White Handbags, $220 at Arboretum (Healdsburg). 707.433.7033, arboretumapparel.com
2. Tate Wrinkled Patent by Kale, $611 at Kismet (San Anselmo). 415.454.2629, shopkismet.com
3. Victoria Clutch by Christine B. Handbags, $435 at Christine B. Handbags. 650.278.3258, christinebhandbags.com
4. The Matelasse Slip with Horsehair Hem by Chado. Price upon request at select Neiman Marcus stores. 415.362.3900, neimanmarcus.com
5. Taupe Silk Chiffon Ruffle Sleeveless Dress by Moschino. $3,735 at Saks Fifth Avenue (SF). 415.986.4300, saksfifthavenue.com