Recipe taken from the December 2010 issue of Marin Magazine, from the Château La Fête story. Toni Wolfson (right) provides the recipe.
Dorothy Weyl’s Holiday Danish Pastry
- 3 oz. Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cube butter
- 1 cube creamed butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks (retain egg whites)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
Add to filling:
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 beaten egg whites
- Roll dough very thin.
- Line muffin tins with dough, allowing
- dough to come over the edge of the cups.
- Add 1 tablespoon filling to each cup.
- Fold dough over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Yields 12. (“I always make at least three times the recipe,” Wolfson adds.)