What’s cooking in today’s kitchen? For these Marin designers, the buzz is all about innovative products served up with a dash of flair. Janine Orendain Peck at Design Orendain in Mill Valley loves Kohler’s articulated faucet (“It stays put wherever you tilt it,” she says), while Greg Nelson, owner of Lamperti Contracting & Design, hails steam ovens for their efficiency and versatility. Ventless hoods and eco-friendly LED lighting top the lists of Linda Nave and Rachel Ginis, both designers at Larkspur’s Sandra Bird Designs, but porcelain veneer from Italy for surfaces is the red-hot choice for Jo Ann Hartley of Jo Ann Hartley Interior Design in San Rafael.
1. Star hood by Elica, $3,750 at Dvorson’s Food Service Equipment, Inc. (Sausalito). 415.332.5840, dvorsons.com
2. DG 4082 steam oven by Miele, $2,699 at Lamperti Contracting & Design (San Rafael). 415.454.1623, lampertikitchens.com
3. Karbon faucet by Kohler, $766 at Ferguson Kitchen, Bath & Lighting Gallery (San Francisco). 415.551.3580, ferguson.com
4. Design Pro LED cabinet lights by Kichler Lighting, starting at $90, available at Lamps Plus (San Rafael). 415.453.6912, lampsplus.com
5. Slimtech by Lea Ceramiche, starting at $10 per square foot, available at Ceramic Tile Design (San Rafael). 415.485.5180, ceramictiledesign.net