A great table lamp fulfills a dual purpose, an aesthetically pleasing addition to a room and a functional light source. Nineteenth-century designer William Morris said, “Have nothing in your home that you don’t know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.” With that in mind, we’ve found this season’s top choices — usable, luminous works of art.
1. Capri teardrop lamp, $275 at Jonathan Adler (SF). 415.563.9500, jonathanadler.com
2. Sarah Bird Lamp by Serena & Lily, $398 at Serena & Lily (Sausalito). 415.331.4364, serenaandlily.com
3. Ella Table Lamp by Currey & Company, $250 at Lunaria (Larkspur). 415.461.0588, lunaria.us
4. Anastacha clear table lamp by Terzani, available at Lunaria (Larkspur). 415.461.0588, lunaria.us
5. Rock Table Lamp by West Elm, $149 at West Elm (Corte Madera). 415.927.0202, westelm.com