We just had our big Fall Fashion shoot for the September issue two weeks ago, and now the office is abuzz with talk of fall clothing. One of the biggest trends that was apparent when looking through the fall look books and sourcing clothing for the shoot was jogging pants. Now, I’m not talking about actual workout pants, I’m talking about high-fashion, super chic (but yet super comfy) jogging pants. They are usually characterized by an elastic waistband and baggier fit up top that tapers towards the bottom (sometimes into a gathered leg opening). Materials varied from leather to silk and come in a variety of colors and prints (though black and navy seemed to be the most prevalent). The pants are very versatile and can really be worn like skinny jeans. I like them paired with a breezy sleeveless blouse and heels for a nighttime look, or a relaxed sweater and booties for a daytime look. Stay tuned for our September issue to see how we styled them, but for now, here are some pre-fall selections to get you started.
1. Kai pant by Citizens of Humanity, $238 at Piperlime.
2. Leopard loose fit pants, $25 at H&M.
3. Indigo dye relaxed fit pant, $138 at Splendid.
4. Turner pant, $98 at J.Crew.
5. Tosa joggers, $68 at Anthropologie.
6. Sugi Faux-Leather Sporty Pant, $178 at BCBG.
7. Colorblock zip-pocket track pants, $50 at Gap.
8. High waist trousers, $80 at Zara.