In fashion right now, orange is the new black. I’m not talking about the color orange, but literally, oranges. Well, all fruits to be exact. I first started noticing the trend while browsing the Kate Spade website (they have at least 20 items with a lemon theme), and have been seeing more popping up in stores as we move into summer. I couldn’t resist these adorable pineapple earrings I found at Old Navy (so cheap!) – they’re the perfect summery compliment to a bright blouse or dress. Here are eight more fruit covered items to keep you on trend this summer. And remember, when life gives you lemons, wear them!
1. Thalia Top, $114 on sale (originally $228) at Kate Spade.
2. Banana straw shoulder bag, $18 at H&M.
3. Original Lemon print espadrille slip-on by Soludos, $48 at Nordstrom.
4. Pineapple shift dress by Townsen, $242 at Piperlime.
5. Citrus Safari clutch, $350 at Lizzie Fortunato.
6. Lemon Wedge Posts, $28 at Anthropologie.
7. Grapefruits crop boxy tee, $35 on sale (originally $48) at Juicy Couture.
8. Silk Fruit-print and Striped dress by Mother of Pearl, $537 on sale (originally $895) at Saks Fifth Avenue.