Nonessential travel is currently not allowed in California until restrictions lift January 4, 2o21. Please ensure to check for updates on Covid-19 regulations and restrictions as well as with local authorities in the areas you might travel to before making any future travel plans.
If you are looking to find a Work from Hotel while staying close by, here a few local opportunities.
1400 El Camina Real, Menlo Park, (650) 304-3880
This sophisticated yet comfortable retreat features custom, modern design that pays homage to the area’s rich equestrian and Irish heritage. Work at the Park James in a beautiful guest room complete with an HVAC unit ensuring you don’t share the air with other guest rooms. Enjoy amenities including the outdoor fitness center, room service and outdoor dining. It’s also close to Stanford, shops and outdoor activities.
- Cost: $125, with guest room access from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Complimentary Latte, Coffee or Tea and Water
- Massage available by appointment (extra cost)
- Pet friendly (extra cost)
850 Bordeaux Way, Napa, (707) 251-3060
Located at the gateway to Napa Valley, right next to sister property Meritage Resort and Spa, Vista Colina Resort is uniquely set up for an easy Workcation from Marin County. Have access to large meeting rooms, pools and extensive outdoor spaces, plus the amenities at Meritage including the award-winning Spa Terra, located in the estate’s wine cave. The property has been certified Clean + Safe by the California Hotel & Lodging Association.
- Villa-like one-bedroom suite with a full kitchen
- Complimentary $30 daily resort fee and bottle of Trinitas Cellars wine
- Access to the resort’s on-site tasting rooms
- Complimentary outdoor wellness classes
- Pet-friendly amenities
100 Boyes Blvd, Sonoma, (707) 938-9000
While all the local Fairmont properties are offering various work from home packages, the School and Pool package at the Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn caught our eye for those working parents out there. Bring your mask, and clean bill of health, and enjoy the grounds. The culinary team provides a farm-to-fork dining for the entire family.
- Guaranteed late (after-school) check out, 4 pm
- 10% discount off all food & beverage (includes wine and alcohol)
- On-property tech support
- Complimentary use of Fairmont bikes during stay
- Complimentary Fairmont Fit (P.E. clothes)
How to Help:
For more ways to support local businesses, go here.
More from Marin:
- 5 Ways to Incorporate Sustainable Seafood into Your Diet
- Two Women Working for Positive Change
- 5 California Wine Country Recipes — Plus Wine Pairings
Mimi Towle is a Marin-based writer and editor. Currently the editor of Marin Magazine, she enjoys the various perks of her job, which include meeting chefs, winemakers, and inspiring characters. As a volunteer philanthropic advisor for the EACH Foundation, she focuses on needs in her home state of Hawaii. Some of her favorite nonprofits include City Beat, Hawaii Land Trust, and University of Hawaii Cancer Center.