Best Jewelry Repair in Marin

Snapping a necklace or breaking a ring can be heartbreaking. For all your last minute repairs or longed for upgrades, your search is over. The 2023 readers’ choice Best of the County winner is Julianna’s Fine Jewelry (pictured above). For the rest of the Marin Magazine‘s Best of Marin County Jewelry Repair picks see below.

Our 2023 Services category sponsor is Hadley General Contractor Inc.

We’ve broken it down by region: Southern and Central Marin.

Southern | Central 

Southern Marin

Sofia Jewelry

Mill Valley

Serving tourists and locals alike, Sofia is best known for custom designs and upcycling old pieces. Pick something up at an estate sale that has promise? Go to Sofia’s and see what can be done to make that older design shine once again. The shop offers quality repairs, so if you’ve got a broken clasp or loose setting, they can help. Hours are 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday

80 Throckmorton Ave., Mill Valley, 415.388.8776

Central Marin

Julianna’s Fine Jewelry

Corte Madera

With a wide display of top European designers and gorgeous diamonds, Julianna’s oozes style and sophistication. Julianna and Judy, a mother-daughter duo, have been running their custom jewelry store for over 40 years now, with another 20 years in the jewelry business before that. They’ve been joined by Julianna’s granddaughter, Caitlyn, resulting in all three generations of women working side-by-side to create custom jewelry for any occasion. The store also offers an impressive collection of Swiss watches. Hours are Monday through Friday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.

1632 Redwood Highway, Corte Madera, 415.924.9711

Gold Rush Jewelers

San Rafael

For more than 35 years, Gold Rush Jewelers has been providing quality service and fine jewelry to Marin County at North Bay at large. Their wide range of services range from soldering silver to re-stringing necklaces. For those looking to make a piece of jewelry even more special, come here to get that ring or watch custom engraved. Speaking of watches, don’t worry if yours is old and hasn’t been worn in ages; take it to Gold Rush and watch it be spiffed up to peak condition. Hours are Monday through Saturday 10:30 a.m. – 6 p.m

831 4th St, San Rafael, 415.457.2101

California Girl Jewelry

Mill Valley

Run by a mother-daughter duo, California Girl believes that every good piece of jewelry starts with the perfect gemstone. Only the highest-quality gems are on display in this contemporary boutique tucked away in the bustling Strawberry Village shopping center, a perfect location for swinging by after a routine trip to the grocery store. Every design here is custom-made. Hours are Tuesday through Saturday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.

1321 4th St., San Rafael, 650.440.0217

Sponsor

Hadley General Contractors, Inc.: 2023 Best of the County Services

With over 300 custom-built homes under their belt and thousands of completed projects, it’s safe to say that Hadley General Contractors have seen it all. Owner Jeff Hadley shares more about his prolific company.

What makes your business unique?
I believe part of taking care of the community is taking on jobs of all sizes, not just cherry-picking the big, attractive jobs. We will send someone out to hang a painting, work on a sewer line, remodel a kitchen, or build a new house. We really can — and will — do it all.
What do you love about construction?
At first, what drew me into construction is working with something tangible, where you can see your progress at the end of the day. Now what I love about construction is the problem-solving and working with clients to build their projects.
What do you love about working in Marin?
I feel very lucky to have been born and raised in Marin, and luckier to call this area my home. More than just the natural beauty, the people we get to meet and the projects we complete are almost always unique and challenging.