Marin's best bars and signature cocktails.
Sidle up to the bar and order the minty, muddled Marin Mojito from San Anselmo’s Marinitas.
Photos by Tim Porter
13) CREATIVE COCKTAILS: This signature cocktail is so good, the makers can’t go around advertising it to everybody and his mother or there wouldn’t be any left. But now you are in the know — sidle up to the bar and order the minty, muddled Marin Mojito from San Anselmo’s Marinitas. This drink is sure to refresh and delight and is one of our favorites. Now that you know, we’ll expect you to keep the secret as well — and we’ll see you at the bar. Wink. marinitas.net
14) YOU'VE EARNED IT: Besides being the ultimate reunion spot — if you’ve gone to school in Marin, you’re bound to run into a familiar face at this pub-style Marin institution — Brendan Moylan’s landmark Larkspur watering hole gets our nod for best place to meet up for an after-work beer. With so many bars and restaurants coming and going, what’s the secret to Marin Brewing Company’s longevity? Is it the hundreds of awards earned by those house-made ales, the fact that you can grab a bite to eat until midnight or the nearly two dozen outdoor tables on the patio? We’re thinking it’s a combination of all three. Cheers! marinbrewing.com
Vino With a View
Here in Marin we love our wine and we love our views. With so many great places to enjoy both, it was hard to narrow the list, but we managed to get it down to these three standouts.
15) FARLEY BAR: Settle into one of the dozen-or-so bay-facing cushioned chairs and choose from more than 2,000 domestic and international wines, including many local, biodynamic labels. Get there early and claim your seat because this Fort Baker spot is hot. cavallopoint.com/farley-bar
16) WELLINGTON’S WINE BAR: Owner Jeremy John, son of a London pub owner, has created a friendly English neighborhood–style watering hole right in Sausalito. The establishment features an extensive wine selection where mates can “pop in for a swifty.” wellingtonswine.com
17) HILLTOP: 1892 If it’s good enough to get the nod from this year’s Michelin Guide, we’re thinking most Marinites will also enjoy this historicalhome- cum-restaurant, with a lengthy wine list and sweeping views of Novato. hilltop1892.com