The Best Tutors in Marin County

Tutoring in Marin County, Bridge The Gap College Prep

Course work is getting more and more demanding and many students struggle to keep up with the pace. A good tutor can provide an invaluable service and help manage the pressure. The 2023 readers’ choice Best of the County winner is Bridge the Gap College Prep (pictured above). For the rest of the Marin Magazine‘s Best of Marin County tutor picks see below.

Our 2023 Services category sponsor is Hadley General Contractors.

We’ve broken it down by region: Southern and Central.

Southern | Central

Southern Marin

Bridge the Gap College Prep

Sausalito

For college prep, look no further than Bridge the Gap. They focus on SAT, ACT and similar exams, as well as writing application essays to make sure you stand out when applying for universities. Hours are Monday through Thursday 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.

2330 Marinship Way, Ste 302, Sausalito

Headlands Preparatory School

Sausalito

Situated in the heart of Sausalito, Headlands Preparatory School is a WASC-accredited private high school and middle school, designed to set students up for success. Hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.

1050 Bridgeway, Sausalito, 415.944.2254

Central Marin

Learn with Alyssa

San Rafael

Alyssa has served hundreds of children, several school districts and various Bay Area literacy initiatives. She knows the impact an individual can have, whether it be supporting one child or a county of educators.

Sage Educators

Larkspur & Mill Valley

Sage Educators build a rapport with their students and create a personalized learning environment for everyone that sits down in their classroom. Hours are Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. – 10 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Sunday 12 p.m. – 8 p.m.

980 Magnolia Ave Ste 1, Larkspur, 415.461.7243
333 Miller Ave #1, Mill Valley, 415.388.7243

Tutors of Marin

San Rafael

In 2018, classroom teacher Allen Kushinsky started up Tutors of Marin to ensure that each student he tutors not only improves their grades, but also their self-esteem and self-confidence. Hours are Monday through Sunday 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.

27 Regina Way, San Rafael, 415.683.9041

Sponsor

Hadley General Contractors, Inc.: 2023 Best of the County Services

With over 300 custom-built homes under their belt and thousands of completed projects, it’s safe to say that Hadley General Contractors have seen it all. Owner Jeff Hadley shares more about his prolific company.

What makes your business unique?
I believe part of taking care of the community is taking on jobs of all sizes, not just cherry-picking the big, attractive jobs. We will send someone out to hang a painting, work on a sewer line, remodel a kitchen, or build a new house. We really can — and will — do it all.
What do you love about construction?
At first, what drew me into construction is working with something tangible, where you can see your progress at the end of the day. Now what I love about construction is the problem-solving and working with clients to build their projects.
What do you love about working in Marin?
I feel very lucky to have been born and raised in Marin, and luckier to call this area my home. More than just the natural beauty, the people we get to meet and the projects we complete are almost always unique and challenging.