A San Rafael Food Truck With a Mission to Help the Homeless

Food Trucks

Some say that food is the way to their heart. For Sandra McMillion — a San Rafael resident who was once homeless — cooking good Southern food is her gift, and sharing it with the homeless community is the way to her heart. She launched Two Pots and a Pan from her kitchen, where she cooks meals weekly and distributes them to local homeless communities. With the winter season in full swing and more people to feed, Sandra is looking to expand her business into a food truck.

Two Pots and a Pan

Earlier this year, a GoFundMe was started to fund her mission. Sandra grew up in an abusive household in Arkansas and later escaped to California. “I ended up in the Tenderloin on drugs, living on the streets and in prison for years,” she says in her GoFundMe video. “Then, someone gave me a chance to turn my life around. In rehab at the Ritter Center in San Rafael, they taught me the life skills I needed to recover from so much trauma,” she adds. Funds raised from the campaign will cover the cost of purchasing a food truck, insurance, permits, and operating expenses, so Sandra can directly serve the community and be self-sustaining.

Scan the QR code to help Sandra’s mission:

Two Pots and a Pan