It’s no secret that the majority of the Bay Area suffers from the same ailment, colloquially known as Giants fever, but if you want to catch a good baseball game you can do so without crossing the bridge or hopping on the ferry. The San Rafael– based Pacifics start the season on June 2, and we’ve compiled a list of the top five ways to enjoy the games at Albert Park.
- Dance along with Sir Francis the Drake, a seven-foot-tall duck, as he grooves to “YMCA.”
- As you enter the stadium, sign up for a chance to participate in one of the in-between-inning games like musical chairs or pie throwing. Winners receive a gift card from the game’s sponsor and bragging rights.
- Watch the game from the Living Room, a private area that fits 10 to 12 people, complete with couches and an express window for service from the beer and wine stand.
- Get to Friday games early and enjoy free music by great local bands.
- Sit with the players to watch a game from the dugout. Fans can purchase seats for the First ($25) or Third ($20) Base Dugout Club.
Kasia Pawlowska loves words. A native of Poland, Kasia moved to the States when she was seven. The San Francisco State University creative writing graduate went on to write for publications like the San Francisco Bay Guardian and KQED Arts among others prior to joining the Marin Magazine staff. Topics Kasia has covered include travel, trends, mushroom hunting, an award-winning series on social media addiction and loads of other random things. When she’s not busy blogging or researching and writing articles, she’s either at home writing postcards and reading or going to shows. Recently, Kasia has been trying to branch out and diversify, ie: use different emojis. Her quest for the perfect chip is never-ending.