For just $110 a day, explore the most incredible hiking loop in Tahoe with passionate and knowledge guides and scenery that will wow you from Aug. 22 to Sept. 5, 2015.
I’m talking about the Tahoe Rim Trail Association’s thru-hike, an offering that has sold out every one of the thirteen years the trip has been offered. Long favored by retirees, singles and friends looking for a bucket-list adventure, the annual thru-hikes are fundraisers that support Tahoe Rim Trail Association’s mission to maintain and enhance the Tahoe Rim Trail system.
So what do you receive for $110 per day (a total backpacking trip cost of $1,650)?
• An incredible 15 day guided trek around the Tahoe Rim Trail with wonderful people from the region and around the country
• Breakfast and dinner each day of the hike (occasional lunches also provided)
• Tahoe Rim Trail Association Trail Builder Special Membership
• Pre-hike preparation materials, a copy of Tim Hauserman’s “Tahoe Rim Trail: The Official Guide for Hikers, Mountain Bikers, and Equestrians” plus waterproof Tahoe Rim Trail Map by Tom Harrison)
• Permits for wilderness travel, Cook stove fuel, Back-up gear, Bear canisters
• Post-hike celebration with awards
Hiking distances will range between 7 and 16 miles per day. The trail ranges from moderate to strenuous. The highest point on the TRT is Relay Peak at 10,338’. There will be other significant climbs over 9,000’.
The guides are highly experienced and dedicated volunteers who are certified in CPR and Wilderness First Aid. They love to hike and dedicate two weeks of their lives to this expedition. Visit the Tahoe Rim Trail Association’s website or call Lindsey at (775) 298-4491 for more information and to register.
The demands of hiking a full day with a backpack cannot be underestimated! This 15-day journey is not for beginning backpackers. It is critical that hikers are well prepared for the expedition through proper training, nutrition and self-care.