Editor’s Letter: To A.I. or Not To A.I.

Dear Readers,

Welcome to the latest issue of Marin Magazine! As we dive into the pages of this edition, I am thrilled to share with you the captivating stories, stunning visuals, and compelling insights that celebrate the very essence of life in Marin County.

In these rapidly changing times, our beloved Marin County continues to flourish with its unique blend of natural beauty, vibrant communities and innovative spirit. As your editor, it’s been an absolute privilege to witness and document the evolution of our region. This issue, like the ones before it, strives to encapsulate the heartbeat of Marin, embracing its timeless charm while embracing the progressive energy that keeps it ever-changing.

From the rugged coastal landscapes that have inspired artists for generations to the bustling city centers where creativity and commerce intertwine, Marin County is a true tapestry of diversity. In these pages, you will find profiles of local artists, visionaries, and trailblazers who have made their mark on our community. We’ve sought out unique stories that remind us of the magic within our midst and inspire us to keep pushing boundaries.

Beyond the captivating features, we’ve curated a selection of insights that will serve as your guide to navigating the best of Marin County. From the latest trends in dining and entertainment to the hidden gems waiting to be discovered, we’re committed to keeping you informed and engaged with all the riches our county has to offer.

As we emerge from the challenges of the past year, the importance of community and connection has never been more evident. In this issue, we aim to celebrate the resilient spirit that binds us together and showcase the stories of individuals and organizations that have selflessly contributed to the betterment of Marin County.

I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude to the talented writers, photographers, and creatives who poured their passion into bringing this issue to life. Together, we have crafted a magazine that I hope will inspire you, spark curiosity, and deepen your love for Marin County.

Lastly, none of this would be possible without you, our cherished readers. Your loyalty and engagement are the bedrock of Marin Magazine‘s success, and we are humbled by the opportunity to be your trusted source of news and inspiration.

As we turn the pages of this issue, I invite you to savor every story, to relish each photograph, and to immerse yourself in the vibrant world of Marin County. Thank you for joining us on this journey, and we look forward to continuing to explore the wonders of Marin together.

P.S. Hey folks, it’s Mimi. I wanted to see if Chat GPT could write my letter. Let me know what you think! [email protected]

Intern Spotlight

This summer, Eva, Emma and Luke jumped into the publishing world and learned the ins and outs of Adobe Suite, WordPress, the writing process, email outreach and more. Recently, they wrote affiliate and destination posts for Local Getaways, created a Marin dining guide on InDesign, researched everything California for weekly trivia quizzes and helped out at the Best of the County party. We’re going to miss them so much!

Love for Maui

Lahaina Wildfire, How to help Maui
Photo Courtesy of United States National Guard

The wildfire destruction on Maui hit a little too close to home for many of us here in Marin and the Bay Area. Click here for ways to help those affected by the fires.

With warmest regards,

Mimi Towle, Editorial Director, Marin Magazine

Have a look at our September issue here: